Thursday, November 5, 2009

Many Thanks

Well, with most things clued up and the hiring of our new staff member, Marie Cook, I'm finally at a place where I can write a final blog prior to leaving for Maternity Leave. As most of you know, the baby is due in January, but I'm really looking forward to slowing down and taking naps with little Hazel.

I want to take this moment to acknowledge the support we've recieved in the past year from parents and community members who have so graciously enrolled their children into our preschool, been patient with our growth and multiple programming changes, and sent letters and phone calls to endorse what we are now offering the West Carleton Community. I am so very grateful for the successes we've experienced, and for the opportunity to meet each family and get to know the beautiful children who roam our Forest on a daily basis. Their presence has been such a gift, a unique learning opportunity, and I thank you for entrusting us with guiding them in the natural world.

I'd like to offer my alternate email address if anyone has any questions or stories in the upcoming year: nurturemeinnature@gmail.com

Also, we had two journalists visit our preschool this past Tuesday to do a video-story for the online multi-media site called "Capital News." The story should be posted Friday of this week:
http://www.carleton.ca/Capital_News/03042009/

Wishing you all a nature-inspired year, and I look forward to seeing you all during my visits to the preschool once we've adjusted to our new addition.

Kindest, Marlene

No comments: